Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beer of the Week



Beer Number 2. Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout.

I have had 2 beers now from Southern Tier Brewing Company. This stout and the Back Burner Imperial Barley Wine Style Ale and let me just say that this brewer is on the fast track to being one of my favorites. The Imperial Chocklat Stout is dark, smooth and finishes like a damn good dark chocolate which is due to the chocolate malt and the bittersweet Belgian chocolate it is brewed with.



I was worried it was going to be sweet. Turns out it wasn't! It isn't sweet at all which I believe is a great thing. Occasionally when drinking a beer that is sweet, the sweetness is good at first and then it becomes nauseating as the pint goes down.

JF Opinion: "Oh God!"Dark and delicious.
Bottom Line: Drink this beer now. I am.





Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Beer Bitch


No comments:

Post a Comment