Saturday, March 28, 2009

places you should be drinking

Local 44. 44th and Spruce.

I know I have mentioned this beer hole but I felt that it deserves its very own post.

Why you ask? Well mostly because of the beer. Oh man the beer. I often struggle to find a beer I haven't had when out but at Local 44 there are always more beers on draft that I have not had than beers I have. That makes me very happy. And there is a large variety. IPA's, cask ales, stout, ect. So pretty much whatever your beer taste , they got it. If you aren't sure what to order, ask the bartender...he will lead you in the right direction. The pints can be a little pricey but still worth it.

Why else do I like Local 44? The kitchen is open till 12. And the jukebox is great. joy division, black sabbath? yes please.

Beer Consumed at Local 44:
  • Green Flash Bourbon Stout
  • Stone 12 yr Anniversary Stout
  • Rogue Black Brutal
  • Elysian Dragontooth Stout
  • Lagunitas Grarleywine
  • Sierra Nevada Smoked
  • Coniston Blue Bird Bitter
If you have not been to Local 44 I strongly suggest it. Wait. No. Demand it!

Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Beer Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment